The Ganzhorn Difference: A Specialized Center for Alzheimer’s and Memory Care
At The Ganzhorn Suites, we are committed to meeting the evolving needs of discerning residents with later-stage memory loss. Our heartfelt determination to make a difference in the lives of those we serve is what makes our community different from any other memory care community you’ll find.
We believe resident-centered, evidenced-based memory care and programming ensure the best possible lifestyle for our residents. Our clinical outcomes, benchmarked to national data, demonstrate our exceptional care. Our memory care programs are routinely updated to reflect the latest Alzheimer’s research findings and clinically proven care practices.
The Evidence-Based Approach for our memory care centers in Columbus and Cleveland, Ohio includes the following:
- Our nationally renowned consulting neurologist directs our individualized assessments and care strategies
- Exceptional staffing levels at our Alzheimer's facility, including 24-hour licensed nursing care
- Robust life-enrichment programming developed specifically for individuals with memory loss makes life more enjoyable and meaningful for residents
- Advanced technologies optimize safety, security and clinical outcome tracking
- Electronic medical records facilitate communication with physicians and other healthcare providers
- Therapy and end-of-life care is provided through local home care and hospice partnerships
At The Ganzhorn Suites, we focus on innovation in environmental design to help residents maintain their cognitive function for as long as possible. Experts consulted with our team on the impact of light, sounds, color and textures in order to incorporate safe, soothing surfaces, fixtures and furniture. Each space within our community reflects careful research in best practices for Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
Our purpose-built design creates smaller, more familiar spaces where residents feel safe and at ease. Residents are encouraged to walk through the “neighborhood”, sit at the kitchen table or take a stroll outside. Our intimate setting promotes independence in a fully secure environment. State-of-the-art safety and monitoring systems allow residents to enjoy maximum freedom in a protected environment.
Both our Powell, Ohio and Avon, Ohio memory care centers include 64 private suites (with private baths) within four small households, each serving residents who are in similar stages of dementia. These households are built around beautifully designed courtyards with circular paths that provide residents with the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors. The gardens’ zen-like feel offers the perfect backdrop for aromatherapy and other life-enrichment programming.
The Ganzhorn Suites features:
- Four distinct households that encourage resident engagement and comfort
- Serene spaces, natural light and deliberately chosen colors and furnishings that create a peaceful, easy-to-navigate environment
- Memory cues to help residents feel safe and confident
- Extensive interior and exterior walking paths to support independence
- Generous common areas, including a library, sunroom, family-style kitchens, dining areas and living rooms
Specially Trained Team
Our memory care centers offer a team of Certified Dementia Practitioners® (CDP®) who passionately dedicate each day to providing life-enriching care to our residents. A CDP has earned the credential that recognizes the highest standard in Alzheimer’s and dementia care practices. This provides families with security and comfort in knowing that their loved one is being cared for by skilled, caring and competent professionals who have completed extensive Alzheimer’s and Dementia training.
Not only do we have the most qualified staff, but also higher staff-to-resident ratios than most Alzheimer's facilities throughout the country, which means more attentive, personalized care and services. And because our team consistently provides care to the same small group of residents, strong bonds form between caregivers, residents and families at our facility.
Our comprehensive systems for recruiting, hiring and training caregivers develop consistent results and committed team members. We attract the best staff in our field and we continuously find new ways to motivate and educate them.
Our leading-edge technologies provide the safest, most integrated living environment possible for our residents. We offer:
- Sophisticated safety and monitoring devices that immediately alert caregivers of residents’ needs and activities, allowing maximum freedom in the protected environment of our Alzheimer’s facility
- Customized web-based memory tools and programs to keep families and residents connected
- Electronic medical records to facilitate communication with physicians and other health care providers