At The Ganzhorn Suites, we focus on innovation in environmental design to help residents maintain their cognitive function for as long as possible. Experts consulted with our team on the impact of light, sounds, color and textures in order to incorporate safe, soothing surfaces, fixtures and furniture. Each space within our community reflects careful research in best practices for Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Our purpose-built design creates smaller, more familiar spaces where residents feel safe and at ease. Residents are encouraged to walk through the “neighborhood”, sit at the kitchen table or stroll outside. Our intimate setting promotes independence in a fully secure environment. State-of-the-art safety and monitoring systems allow residents to enjoy maximum freedom in a protected environment.
The Ganzhorn Suites includes 64 private suites (with private baths) within four small households, each serving various stages of dementia. These households are built around beautifully designed tranquility gardens with circular paths that provide residents with the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors. The gardens’ zen-like feel offers the perfect backdrop for aromatherapy and other life-enrichment programming.
The Ganzhorn Suites features:
- Four distinctive households encourage resident engagement and comfort
- Serene spaces, natural light and deliberately chosen colors and furnishings that create a peaceful, easy-to-navigate environment
- Memory cues to help residents feel safe and confident
- Extensive interior and exterior walking paths support independence
- Generous common areas, including a library, sunroom, family-style kitchens, dining areas and living rooms