Thank you for your interest in a career at The Ganzhorn Suites. Below you’ll find answers to questions about our benefits, company, culture, and more. We hope you’ll find it helpful!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What benefits will I enjoy as an employee of Ganzhorn Suites?
A. We show our team members they are valued and appreciated with an exceptional benefits package. It includes:
- Daily pay
- Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays and even your birthday off
- Multiple health insurance plans including a low-cost virtual option
- 401(k) retirement savings and investment plan with employer match
- Complimentary daily staff meals
- Comfortable staff lounge featuring cable television, charging stations, personal lockers, and private showers
- Flexible schedules for many positions
- Tuition reimbursement
- Regular professional development and CEU sessions (both in-person and virtual) to keep your knowledge and skills ahead of the pack
- Q. What is your staff-to-resident ratio?
A. Our staff-to-resident ratio is typically 1:6, which means you’ll have a team supporting you! We have nurses around the clock, nutritional caregivers, environmental caregivers, and a very engaged and supportive leadership team.
- Q. What is a CDP and how do I qualify for this credential? Will The Ganzhorn Suites help me obtain it and renew it when it expires?
A. The National Center for Certified Dementia Care Professionals awards their CDP™ credential (Certified Dementia Practitioner) to professionals who have received special training in supporting individuals with Alzheimer’s and dementia. At The Ganzhorn Suites we believe every member of our resident care team should have this advanced training. Not only do we offer the required training seminar onsite, we cover the fee to apply for the certification and to renew it every two years.
- Q. Who owns The Ganzhorn Suites?
A. The Ganzhorn Suites is privately owned and named in honor of our founder’s beloved grandmother who suffered from Alzheimer’s. When she was seeking residential care for her grandmother, the kind of care she wanted didn’t seem to exist so she set out to create it.
The Ganzhorn Suites applies the latest advances in care to help those with memory loss stay safe and lead dignified, engaged and meaningful lives.
- Q. What does your household model mean for residents and staff?
A. Both our Avon and Powell locations are divided into four self-contained households, each with its own living room, kitchen, laundry and beautiful outdoor courtyard. There are sixteen resident suites per household, all with private bedrooms and bathrooms. Because you’ll be regularly assigned to the same household, you’ll be able to get to know the residents in your care and their families. This structure and staffing model has also been shown to reduce the risk of exposure and spread of infections like COVID-19, seasonal flu, and even the common cold.
- Q. What kind of orientation process do you offer for new team members?
A. We want every team member of the Ganzhorn Suites to start their new position feeling comfortable and confident. Before you begin your first shift, you’ll complete a three-day orientation and training period. It’s a combination of classroom style learning and hands-on learning in our households.
- Q. What does a typical day look like for resident care teams?
A. The Ganzhorn Suites team members work together to provide skilled, compassionate, and supportive care for the residents in their assigned household. In a typical day, they will provide hands-on assistance with daily living activities like bathing, dressing and grooming; serve and assist residents with meals; engage in small group and one-on-one enrichment activities; launder resident clothing; and provide light housekeeping.
- Q. How would you describe the culture at The Ganzhorn Suites?
A. The overwhelming majority of our team will say that our culture is family-oriented, supportive and fun. It’s fulfilling to make a difference in the lives of those living with dementia and to bring peace of mind to their families.
Still have more questions? Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us!